Although the coronavirus put a damper on many real estate markets, buyers don’t need to worry. Countless virtual tools can offer insight into market conditions, help you find the perfect property, and connect you to resources and services that will make the home-buying process easier. Here’s every tool you need to buy your next home, especially amid the pandemic.
Be Aware of Market Conditions (and Changes)
The pandemic has influenced everything from home sales figures to mortgage rates.
- Understand how the coronavirus has impacted the market.
- Read up on how the Fed’s decisions are affecting mortgage rates.
- Recognize the indicators to watch for signs of COVID-19 impact.
Use Seller Tools to Get Your Current Home Sold, Fast
If you need to sell your existing home, use remote tools for a safer sale.
- Find out how much your home is worth before listing.
- Use tips and tricks to catch the attention of prospective buyers.
- Be strategic about virtual tours and other selling techniques.
Try Digital Tools for Searching, Touring, and More
Finding, touring, and putting an offer on your next home will take a bit of effort.
- Know where to begin looking for real estate listings.
- Hire a real estate agent to get access to up-to-date listings from the MLS.
- Test virtual tours before committing to an in-person showing.
From adapting to the new real estate market under COVID-19 to selling your existing home, your to-do list isn’t getting any shorter. Fortunately, with these online tools and resources, you can start your home search from the comfort of your current abode. And with the right steps, you’ll be able to close on your new place whether the pandemic has ended or not.
~ Written by Katie Conroy